Best Bar None is a unique national award scheme aimed at raising standards and rewarding licensed premises who undertake positive management practices.
It was piloted in Glasgow in 2005 and found to improve standards in the night time economy, with premises now participating in 58 towns and cities across Scotland. Best Bar None recognises venues who are offering a quality experience focusing on safety and customer care.
- Reduce alcohol related crime and disorder
- Promote social responsibility and duty of care
- Reward excellence in the licensed on trade
- Providing a structure to develop your venue and team through an annual assessment
- Improves knowledge and skills of licensees and bar staff to help them responsibly manage their venue
- Promotes Partnership working in your local community
- Profile award ceremony both Locally and then Nationally
- Sharing good practice and promoting innovation in the licensed trade
- Highlights how operating more responsibly can improve the profitability of an individual business and attractiveness of an area
A Safer Scotland
The Best Bar None Awards process is an opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to a Safer Scotland and receive recognition for your efforts to manage good venues in the licensed trade. Over the last few years the ‘Best Bar None’ scheme has identified well managed, responsible venues which use a range of best practice ideas to ensure the safety of customers and staff. During the assessment, you will have an opportunity to demonstrate your own processes to the assessor and gain extra scoring points for your innovation and in house practices demonstrating excellence.