With the UK’s first free cyber incident response helpline having supported 100 enquiries since it was launched in 2020, the Scottish Business Resilience Centre (SBRC)…
If you’ve downloaded the app and don’t know where to start this is the help guide to get you using the SBRC App to it’s full potential. Below we will break the app down to it’s simplest. Four key screens that will help you get your bearings: home, incident response, community and resources.
Remember – the core functionality of the app is around it’s notifications so please ensure you have this switched on!
- The resilience assessment can be accessed from here. Once completed you will be brought to the resources section with some documents that may assist you in your current business and cyber journey.
- From here you will be able to access all the previous threat reports unfiltered. This is where you can catch up on info that you may have missed.
- This button will lead you to the Incident Response screen (explained below). From here you will be able to ring our Incident Response line directly if you have been hacked or even suspect you have.
- The bottom navigation is how you will travel around the app. The icon coloured in green is where you currently are; in this case, home. If you clicked on the circled icon it would take you to the Community section of the app.
Incident Response Helpline
- This button will take you back to the previous screen.
- Press this button again to ring to the SBRC Incident Response helpline. This additional preliminary screen is to inform users of what the purpose of the IR line is in case they don’t already know and to prevent anyone accidentally ringing.
- The resources section is extensive and can be hard to navigate. To prevent people feeling lost we have created a resilience assessment. Once completed you will have full access to the resources, but will also get recommended resources based on your answers to our resilience assessment.
- The community forum button will take you out of the app and direct you to the SBRC community updates group on LinkedIn. If you are not already a member please ask to join and we will accept you straight away.
- This will take you to the current list of events we have over the foreseeable.
- If you need to find your way back to the home screen this icon on the bottom left will get you there.
If you have any enquiries, problems, glitches, etc with the app please use the form below to submit your details.