We’re currently hiring for an Administrative and Marketing Assistant to join our team at SBRC.
Seconded Police Officer to SBRC, Mark Anderson, offers this advice to drivers in the run up to Christmas.
Throughout Covid and with the run up to Christmas, more and more of us are taking advantage of home deliveries.
Consequently the number of delivery vans in our area has risen and so has the opportunity for theft.
Many of the instances arise from drivers leaving vans unattended only to return to find that parcels have been removed from their insecure vehicles.
A few simple measures can be taken to prevent such crimes:
- Never leave your vehicle running whilst unattended and do not leave the keys in the ignition
- Ensure that your vehicle is secure when unattended
- Whist arranging or retrieving parcels in the vehicle be aware of your surroundings. Is someone watching or approaching you?
- If you think you are being followed drive somewhere busy and well lit, perhaps somewhere with CCTV
- If you are not comfortable for any reason with the area or location you are attending, drive away and consider returning at another time
- If you have any concerns at all about your safety do not hesitate to contact the police
For more information about vehicle and personal safety, please feel free to contact us directly.