Chair of Scottish Business Resilience Centre
The Scottish Business Resilience Centre (SBRC) is about to embark on its new strategy to drive forward in its role as a respected voice in Business Resilience, bringing together Scottish Government, Police Scotland, Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and the Scottish business community.
Our vision is to become the catalyst that makes Scotland, one of the safest and most resilient places to live, work, and do business – both on and off line.
SBRC will operate across three areas to offer a range of services and education, covering all aspects of business resilience 2.0 and Cyber Security:
- Community and Membership
- Prevent and Protect
- Education and Skills
To assist us on this journey SBRC are looking for an outstanding Chair to take the team on the next stage of their exciting journey.
We are looking for a proven leader who has previous board experience and experience within the Scottish Business Community with experience of leading or advising a not for profit organisation.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Lead the Board, represent SBRC and act as the overall custodian of SBRC on behalf of the Board and the stakeholders.
- Chair and oversee the performance of the Board, ensuring its effectiveness in all aspects of its role and set a Board agenda, which will be focused on strategy, performance, funding, value creation and accountability, ensuring that issues relevant to these areas are reserved for Board decision.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Chief Executive, that the Board determines the nature and extent of the material risks SBRC is willing to embrace in the implementation of its strategy.
- Ensure that the directors receive accurate, high quality and timely information and reports to enable them to effectively monitor all aspects of SBRC’s business.
- Ensure the Board has effective decision-making processes, is fully appraised of the SBRC’s strategic direction and has the opportunity to debate and contribute to major proposals.
- Ensure the Board’s Committees are properly structured with appropriate terms of reference.
- Chair the Governance meetings and ensuring regular consideration of succession planning and the composition of the Board and its Committees.
- Facilitate the effective contribution of non-executive directors and encourage open, constructive communication, both in and outside the Boardroom, between the non-executive directors and the executive team, and lead Board evaluation once a year.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Chief Executive, and supported by the Deputy Chairman, effective engagement with stakeholders to understand issues and develop relationships, in particular clients and customers, employees and government.
- Promote high standards of integrity, probity, ethics, diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure that SBRC operates to the highest standards of corporate governance.
- The Board meets 4 times a year Edinburgh/Linlithgow, with an update board call in between board meetings, and regular catch ups with CEO.
- It is important that the Chair is able to visit the SBRC office and meet with SBRC team members.
- From time to time, the Chair should be available to attend and represent SBRC at events, meetings or functions in the day and evening times.
- The SBRC Chair (and Board members) will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term.
- Time commitment expectations are equivalent to between 15 and 20 days per year.
If you would like to apply for the role of Chair of SBRC please send your C.V. and a brief covering letter by 24th of September to [email protected]
To chat informally about the role please email [email protected] and we will arrange an informal chat with a Board member or our CEO.