With the UK’s first free cyber incident response helpline having supported 100 enquiries since it was launched in 2020, the Scottish Business Resilience Centre (SBRC)…
The Scottish Business Resilience Centre (SBRC) is driving forward in its role as a respected, trusted voice bringing together Scottish Government, Police Scotland, and businesses to help create a safer Scotland in which to live, work and do business on and offline. SBRC delivers a range of public good training and commercial services to members and non-members across Scotland, to help mitigate risk of crime, fire risk and cyber-attacks. Our members and stakeholders are drawn across all sectors of the Scottish Business community.
Over the past few years, the organisation has grown in many different, but beneficial, directions, yet working towards the one cause of bringing cyber resilience to the core of every Scottish business irrespective of the sector, size, and level of knowledge that organisation claims to have in the field of cyber awareness.
We are now looking to grow our team and recruit a dedicated part-time HR Officer based at our office in the Oracle Campus in Linlithgow, who will work closely with our CEO and the team to provide support with recruitment, day to day HR management, on and off-boarding staff, contract management and other HR administrative tasks. Liaising with SBRC’s External HR Consultancy would form part of the role. The role will be reporting to the Head of Operations.
Providing HR support to the CEO, managers and the team, we are looking for a self-motivated, organised, efficient, innovative and professional individual who is a real people person with strong administrative skills and experience of recruitment procedures, and used to working on multiple projects simultaneously in addition to the below listed responsibilities.
· Organise and manage end-to-end recruitment and selection processes
· Be an active member and contribute to the work of the SBRC Wellbeing Committee.
· Work closely with CEO and Head of Operations with recruitment and employment matters.
· Manage and update online HR system ( Breathe HR)
· Deliver and manage training and development programmes for staff
· Support managers with early intervention when dealing with issues such as capability, disciplinary, dignity at work and absence management
· Conduct required HR meetings on behalf of the CEO/ SBRC.
· Other administrative tasks relevant to HR, as required by the senior management team
· CIPD membership (or working towards this) and/or relevant qualification
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent people management skills
· Knowledge , preferably experience with Payroll and Pension schemes
· Experience in managing the end-to-end recruitment and selection process (i.e. job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, making job offers) including on and off-boarding procedures
· Ability to prioritise workload with flexibility to meet operational needs
· Ability to exercise good judgement
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· High level of attention to detail
· Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
· Highest standards in discretion and confidentiality
· Flexible approach to workload
Salary: £26,000/ annum pro rata
Part -time: 2 days per week fixed term 1 year, with a view of extension
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Location: Linlithgow, West Lothian
SBRC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit your application to [email protected] by 15th April 2022 with a CV and a cover letter.