After receiving phenomenal positive feedback at our previous live cyber exercising workshops in Edinburgh and Aberdeen, the Scottish Business Resilience Centre organised another Exercise in…
Job Title: Head of Cyber Security Professional Services
Reports to: CEO
Salary: £65,000/ annum and company pension
Full time position
Closing Date: 17th June 2022
About the role
Do you believe in protecting organisations through cyber security?
As we continue to grow and expand our services it’s a great time to join SBRC and be part of the journey. The threat landscape is constantly evolving and this is your opportunity to think creatively and positively contribute towards improving the cyber resilience of our Professional Services Clients.
The person will be responsible for defining the strategic roadmap with our clients and identify the required future state security capabilities. The person with the cyber security team will provide cyber thought leadership and expert consultancy and assurance.
The role of Head of Cyber Security Professional Services will be leading the team in the delivery of the Security Strategy and the Specialist Security Services for our clients. Working with key stakeholders, partners and providers to assess the current landscape, identify the key weaknesses, continue to monitor and track to ensure we build and implement robust strategies, systems and services and continue to improve security posture.
The candidate will have significant cyber security experience with a proven track record of cyber delivery, be a team player with drive and enthusiasm to help keep our clients data safe; someone who understands the value of providing outstanding service and is able to effectively balance the need for improved cyber security. Candidates must be able to work proactively under pressure to deliver against individual and team targets.
Some of the key skills and experience you’ll bring:
• Extensive specialist security & leadership experience
• Experience of design and development of information security capability to enable organisational business objectives
• Experience of developing and implementing security strategies in a complex environment
• Significant knowledge of maintaining security standards to incorporate changes from the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) and industry best practice
• CISSP or equivalent qualification
• Significant experience of operating at a senior level in a complex delivery environment.
• Significant experience of delivering security assurance services in a complex environment.
• Significant experience in leading a major change initiative in a challenging organisational environment
• Significant experience of managing teams and motivating and inspiring staff to work together to achieve a common objective
• Ability to delegate effectively
• Ability to work effectively between strategic and operational activities where required
• Experience of handling highly sensitive information
SBRC is a not-for-profit and a respected voice in business resilience, bringing together the Scottish Government, Police Scotland, and the Scottish business community. The vision of SBRC is to become the catalyst that makes Scotland one of the safest and most resilient places to live, work, and do business, both on and offline, especially during these times of economic recovery.
It is our intention that every Scottish organisation have the skills and knowledge to protect themselves against online attacks. We achieve this through the delivery of education and preventative training, as well as actively raising awareness of threats throughout the business community.
At SBRC, there’s a feeling of genuine care and respect for one another. We are keen on nurturing our culture, one that supports equality, diversity and helping employees achieve their professional goals, as they work to bring safety to organisations around Scotland. We have an internal culture and well being group and they meet regularly to dissect what we have been doing, and what new things we can do to further enhance the experience for employees. This has led to us trialing a 4 day work week which we hope to keep on beyond the trial. We work based off of a hybrid approach with a blend of in office and work from home. Alongside these perks we promote employee learning and development and encourage employees to grow and develop in their roles.
Applications should be submitted before close of business Friday , 17th June 2022 with a CV and a cover letter to Edina Balko, [email protected]
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK, also should be based in Scotland in commuting distance to our offices.